Dyslexia is a common learning difficulty affecting the ability to accurately and fluently read text, it also affects spelling. This means that people with dyslexia:
- find it more difficult to access information presented in only writing
- read much more slowly to the point of impacting understanding
- are less able to skim or scan text
- write hesitantly and much less
- have difficulty with organisation, keeping track of tasks and understanding long chains of instructions
- have negative attitudes to tasks involving reading
People with dyslexia are affected to different degrees but all can benefit from additional support.